Monday, April 20, 2009

Mile Post 14

It was 72 degrees here today and the first time we've seen the sun in a few years I think. We decided to take the kids to a new trail. First we took the wrong highway. Well, er. I suggested it and then apparently muttered that we shouldn't go that way and Sean didn't hear me. We ended up going my least favorite way through Lake City. We spent most of the drive with some circular arguement that was something about why don't you trust me over why he didn't take I-5. Hmm. I always wonder how we get from one place to another.

Then we got to the trail which looked intriguing and was capitulated by the fact that I could only see about two yards down the trail before it curved. No sooner had I grabbed my bike and aimed in the right direction than Sean mentioned we didn't have the bike trailer arm. Oh. So we loaded back up and headed home where I insisted that I had to check email, took a phone call from someone I've been playing tag with for two weeks, and the kids were still patiently waiting in the car.

Two hours from when we started, we were finally on our way. Our kiddos are happily at the height of teasing each other. They both sat in the trailer and wore their helmets, but apparently one wanted to touch the other's head and the other wanted to reciprocate, but she didn't like it. Ah. Nice. So eventually we had to pull over and split the kids up. That's not terribly easy on bikes. We made it work.

We north on one of our well trodden trails to Seattle and back which goes around the lake. It simply sparkles on days like today which reminds me why I live here...for the three days the sun shines!

By the time we turned around, I was thankful I had tossed frosted miniwheats into the bag for the kiddos since all in all we rode for more than 20 miles! Tomorrow's weather - 71! Wednesday - 55 and rainy!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 21, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

Yep, we had a house on Sherwood. We loved it there. I can completely understand how you miss Short Sugars & Mayberry's. I was just telling someone the other day how much I love Mayberry's hotdogs. There is nothing in Greensboro like those two places, trust me.

The bike ride sounded nice. I am so glad that you had some sunshine and was able to enjoy it!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP