Sunday, April 19, 2009

Find Buddy...

We had a fantastic day today. This morning we went to Eastlake which was the first time in months. We had gone through the new membership class in the fall, but weren't ready to sign our name in blood. We continued looking which turned into a huge disappointment and culminated in a lot of searching. Overall, we feel really great about what's going on at Eastlake and how it impacts and serves the community.

We celebrated a friend's 3rd birthday at Great Play which I had never been to before. It's a new indoor tumbling gym in Redmond. My son is a little old for the class, but my daughter was a kick. At first we thought she was too young. Then she got in line and followed all the preschoolers through the obstacle course. She went through the tunnel, over the logs, up the stairs, down the slide. She was in "busy bee" heaven.

Great Play used interactive media, placing frames all around the gym and the character "buddy" pops up. All the kids should run to Buddy. The first time he popped up, my 20 month old was the first one to point and run which was hilarious. She danced to music, shaking her shoulders. (I don't know where she gets her moves!) And she spun in a circle for so long she couldn't walk straight. The only surprising thing was that she didn't eat her cupcake. She was very proud of the crown she got to wear though. She was so precious, I couldn't get over her. She even went around to other parents and "talked" to them which is kinda funny for her since she's hot and cold with people and will usually let them know it.

Afterwards a groupd of us met at Zeke's Pizza for dinner and the kids ran around like wild. At first I was sitting mostly with the kids, but then I moved to the guys table and then settled for the end of the two tables and Mac and Jack. Then things were much better. I pulled my girlie's highchair over next to me and she sat through all of dinner with me and was as good as gold. I was so impressed with her. I love, love, love my daughter. I mean, I love my son too - but I'm so glad I have a girl. She's such a good girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 20, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

It is such a small world! I was raised in Eden. I work at the little hospital in Eden. The husband and I lived in Reidsville for 7 years before moving to Greensboro (He works at Moses Cone). If you even want to call it Greensboro. We are out in the country between Browns Summit and Summerfield. I just love it out here! Keep in touch!!

Sit A Spell April 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

Hey there...our trip went well. We had nice weather too, which was a plus! It was a "quiet" trip...very reflective for both of us. I think Emily is smitten with the Amish life style. We actually had an Amish couple as our Inn keepers. Loved it! I'll blog about it later.

Not sure what this week will hold for us...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP