Saturday, May 30, 2009












I've not given a second thought to blogging lately. I think of things to write while I'm driving back and forth to school with Riley, but I never remember them when I'm at home. I think I'm inspired by background music.
We had a wonderful au pair from South Africa staying with us for two weeks. She was a great guest, entertaining, and loved the kids! With Sean being off work right now, we took advantage of the opportunity and went to places like the waterfront, the zoo, for long walks, and even to Cannon Beach. We had a busy two weeks. The weather has been sunny and near 80 which is a miracle! Last summer was 55 and raining the majority of the summer.


Leane also taught me Afrikaans which was cool enough to make me think I might be interested in learning more. I had no idea it was close to German. Once I realized the combination of languages that are its beginnings, it was easier to decipher.

Leane moved to a family in Bellevue this week. She is close by and her host family kids are the same age as mine. Hopefully we'll still see her quite often.

This week we've been at parks and even the lake beach parks which has been fabulous. After Reagan took a quick swim in the lake and Sean rescued her, she didn't go any farther than knee deep in the water. It was much easier watching the kids than I thought. Riley ran away a lot last summer and now that he's older he stays pretty close to me where I can see him. Reagan is too young to wander far.

While we were there, we ran into Sean's friends from Palm Springs via Canada. Their kids were more than happy to jump into cold water. We also ran into one of Riley's old friends from before Reagan was born and then we ran into 4 of the au pairs from the area and all of their kids. I counted 18 people we ran into yesterday at various places. I guess Seattle is becoming a small town...or maybe people have listened to my suggestions that Idylwood is a great park for days like this!

Last night I went shopping with a friend and found new flipflops for Reagan. I left them at her place at the table for her to find this morning at breakfast and Sean said she was so excited. I came in and she was wearing her purple bunny jammies and her pink superstar flipflops and was swinging them in front of me to see. Very happy indeed.





1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 31, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Great pictures! Sounds like y'all are having a great time!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP