Thursday, April 23, 2009

I joined the gym and lost five pounds this morning!

Yes! I joined the gym. This has been a huge decision for us. This one was too little. That's one doesn't have a pool. This one is too dirty. That one is hard to cancel. Blah. Blah. Blah. So we've lived in this neighborhood for over a year and done nothing except gain weight. Ugh. In our old neighborhood, we lived so close to a luxury spa gym that we could justify the price by what we saved on gas. It had vallet parking, a kid's club to die for, it was across the street from our grocery store, ahhh.

Alas, we're not driving to downtown Redmond to work out anymore. In joining a gym we wanted something that is family friendly. So we joined the Y. Their pool is warm. They aren't too far away. They have a great kid's club. It wasn't too expensive and if we hate it or end up moving it will be easy to cancel. It being easy to cancel was a winning point since we couldn't make a decision and it was better to do something than nothing at all. If only I had decided to do this 6 months ago and not in the spring. (?)

As soon as I got all of my paperwork out of the way, I went to swim laps. I went through the locker room looking for the covered changing rooms and the little old ladies seemed amused by my modesty. Ahem. And my black skirted swimsuit with pink polka dots that almost covers my knees. I decided to commerate my joining by weighing myself. I was pleasantly suprised that the official scale was five points off from my home scale in my favor! YAY! I already lost five pounds!!

Then I was a little stressed about swimming laps and getting my swim cap on straight.


Does anyone know whether the creases go to the side or to the front on your swim cap? Why doesn't it come with directions? I'm probably wearing it sideways and look pretty silly.

I reorganized the garage this afternoon. Sean has class on Tuesday * Thursday evenings this quarter. The kids and I made butterfly shaped shortcake for breakfast tomorrow morning with strawberries. I meant to make it alone while they played. First Reagan caught on and grabbed the apron hanging from a magnet on the side of the fridge. She has got her acessories DOWN. She came flailing at me with her "uh-uh-uh!!" and insisted on sitting next to the mixer on the counter. Riley didn't want to be left out, so he ended up cutting the butterflies.

Well, all in all a good evening. If I can figure out the direction of my swim cap I'll be set.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 24, 2009 at 2:37 AM  

I can't help you on the swim cap. I have never worn one. Me & swimming don't get along to well. The only thing that I can do is doggy paddle like it's nobodies business. Oh and I can sink really fast.... LOL! Glad that you found a place you like!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP